Baker

Friday, September 16, 2011

Gestational Diabetes

Got it again. Not that it was any surprise to me that I failed the 1 hour glucose test. Odds definately weren't in my favor seeing as how I had it the first pregnancy. That's okay. I didn't have to take the 3 hour escrutiating test. (Thank God) I was made to sit through a diabetes class. This would be my second one of those too. This class was much better. Not only did I get a tester and an extra box of free strips but I learned that I only have to count my carbs. Seriously, the best news ever!!!! It makes it less complicated when looking at contents on a box. (Not that I'm going to be doing that) Of all things they want me to check my sugar 4 times a day. As if I eat that much anyway. I might now knowing that for all meals I need to eat no more than 60 carbs. This means I get no more than 30 carbs for snack. Then again I'm not sure if I can eat that much either.

No comments:

Post a Comment